What is an apprentice program?
Registered Apprenticeships have been utilized to meet the needs of America’s skilled workforce for over 75 years. These apprenticeship training programs are available in 1500 occupations across 170 industries found in businesses of all sizes and last from 1 – 5 years. Apprenticeship programs are for ambitious people of all ages who want to earn a salary while they learn, gaining real skills and knowledge. These programs offer employers the opportunity to strengthen and build their workforce providing a tailored high-quality talent pipeline. In this regard, Registered Apprenticeship programs effectively meet the needs of both employers and job-seekers.
Get your engineering career off to an experience-packed start with GF Machining Solutions’ Apprenticeship Program. Over a 3-year period and under the guidance of experienced mentors, our apprentices work in GF Machining Solutions U.S. offices and in the field to contribute to our customers’ success. A career with GF Machining Solutions awaits you upon successful completion of our Apprenticeship Program.
What is an apprentice program?
GF Machining Solutions 3-year apprenticeship program will partner with Harper College and the German American Chamber of Commerce. Four apprentices will combine traditional college academic and technical courses with extensive practical experience at our company to obtain the necessary skills to graduate with an A.A.S. degree as well as nationally recognized certifications.
As an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (IMM) Apprentice you will work as part of the field service team and will be trained extensively to be a Field Service Engineer. During the classroom training portion of the program you can expect to learn such things as Blueprint reading, Manufacturing safety, welding and more. To see the full list of classes you will take during your time as an apprentice please click here. During the On-the-job training phases the Apprentice will put theory into practice to carry out activities such as installing and repairing machines and equipment, resolving technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties at the customer site or at a company facility by performing the following duties.
- Zero college loan debt upon graduation
- You receive a salary and benefits for the duration of the program
- Guidance of experienced mentors
- Employment upon graduation
What we are looking for?
- GF Machining Solutions is looking for individuals with the willingness to learn.
- You should be organized, have a positive attitude, and the ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Have an interest in working with numbers, tools, and high-end precision machines.
- You have a high school diploma or a GED prior to the beginning of the program.
- Hiring event: Qualified candidates will be invited to an open house at our Lincolnshire office for a company presentation and to assess their motivation for the program.
- Upon a successful evaluation there will be a face-to-face interview.
- Final decision.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an e-mail to the address below along with your cover letter and resume.
We are a Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran