Regarding the upcoming industry 4.0 the topic of real time spindle diagnosis becomes more and more important.
STEP-TEC - a pioneer in spindle surveillance system development - offers also a various number of motor spindles with an integrated monitoring unit known as the Spindle Diagnosis Module SDM20 which is similar to an airplanes black-box.
This module allows collecting a variety of relevant process parameters along with spindle status information and is made available in digital format via an RS485 or PROFIBUS interface.
STEP-TEC offers a unique graphical software front end known as Spindle Diagnostic Software SDS. This tool provides access to all spindle data such as:
- Number of operating hours
- Number of tool changes and state of the clamping system
- Temperatures (e.g. bearings, motor winding)
- Acceleration readings (vibrations) in three planes
- Crash events (with date and time when linked to PROFIBUS©)
- Spindle speed- and logging of operating periods
- Date and time of commissioning (entries made by the machine manufacturer)
- Spindle specific data (entry done by Step-Tec)
- Customer service and machine operators have a huge benefit for diagnostic and analyzing purposes.
- The integrated data logger function supports the operator for application optimizing during milling process and helps to maximize spindle/ machine lifetime.