Whether your products are crucial engine parts such as blisks or discs or aerostrcuture parts, GF Machining Solutions is committed to bring you a differentiated solution, delivering long-term customer added-value.
Your trusted partner in Aerospace
GF Machining Solutions helps you prepare for the challenges of unprecedented aerospace industry growth with a competitive business model and cost management.
We bring competitive machining solutions to our aerospace customers
We help you solve your challenges
How to machine fir-tree slots on turbine disks?
For this highly challenging part, GF Machining Solutions provides a turnkey high accuracy Wire-EDM solution, which garantees an uncompromised surface integrity, whatever the alloy's hardness, maximum speed and a fully traceable and repeatable process.
Our high-performance Milling (HPM) centers with a polymer-granite portal design take the risk out of complex, five-axis blisk production without consuming much floor space.
- Clean and chatter-free leading and trailing edge quality
- Rigid machine design for ultra-dynamic Milling without vibration marks
- Tilted rotary table with high-acceleration, horizontal Spindle configuration for complete blisk machining in one setup
- Specialized TURBOSOFT plus CAM software for efficient programming and process optimization of blisks
- Any geometry can be machined in any material
- Digital EDM technology for minimum heat-affected layer, maximum speed
- Increased fir-tree accuracy and reduced leakage at the blade root
- eTracking : real time data monitoring
Seal slot on nozzle guide vanes
Tight seal slot reduces turbine leakage which helps seal slot producers achieve fast cycle times, low electrode wear for better precision and minimal recast layers for surface integrity.
- Embedded technology for multi-rib slots
- Fast and repeatable process due to a fully integrated technology accessible directly from the HMI
- Reduced resharpening frequency with low erosion wear
- Scalable Automation with automatic offset for autonomous production
Primary prerequisites for maximum precision and superior surface quality of complex impellers include damping and stability of components. We offer a dual drive system in the Y-axis and mechanical dampening for dynamics and stability.
- Circular swivel table with water-cooled direct drives to ensure highest torque and acceleration in demanding conditions
- Dual drive system in the Y axis and mechanical dampening for dynamics
- Most compact impellers are used for helicopter turbines, jet engines and the auxiliary power units (APUs) that start aircraft engines and run accessories
Fleet replacements spurred by ambitious emissions reduction targets push OEMs to develop engines with exotic materials like turbine steel, Inconel, Udimet, René and titanium aluminide. GF Machining Solutions helps you take the lead in managing these challenges.
- Highest profile accuracy and trailing edge quality in shortest machining time
- Complete machining in one setup, including bar feeding, five-axis Milling, turning, root machining, threading, chamfering, engraving and brushing
- Rigid, compact layout of all axes for high jerk machining
- Turn-key solution including specialized TURBOSOFT plus CAM software
The diffuser prepares incoming air for proper air-fuel mixing and combustion—it must provide maximum room for incoming air to reduce speed and build up pressure for good combustion.
- Any 3D airfoil design can be machined with multi-axis EDM
- Complete freedom in the choice of material
- Extensive research allows to us to design the right sparks for achieving ultimate recast layer control and repeatability
- Reduce costs with a repeatable and traceable process
Turbine rear vane
As a result of the collaboration between GF Machining Solutions and 3D Systems, the new DMP Factory 500 (Direct Metal Printing) offers clever engineering solutions and helps manufacturers of aerospace components to build consistent and seamless parts, even of large size, using Additive Manufacturing.
- One large part in 48 hours
- Largest seamless part of the market
- Shortened lead time and reduced manufacturing costs
Our fully digital, repeatable and ready-to-use Laser blasting solution offers superb surface homogeneity to ensure perfect surface continuity and contouring. Step into Industry 4.0 with our sustainable Laser blasting process that you can do in-house.
- Texture any material with confidence
- Open new bonding properties
- Increase surface homogeneity
- Unique complex shape surfacing and undercut capabilities
- Easily manage random, morphing and overlapping textures
All additively manufactured (AM) aerospace parts require machining, GF Machining Solutions' expertise in machining hard metals using EDM, Milling and Laser is the perfect complement.
- Separate the AM part from the build plate with EDM
- Improve surface finishes and small shapes requiring five-axis Milling
- Five-axis Laser machining is needed for geometries smaller than AM layers
- POWER-EXPERT prevents wire breakage on parts with multi-cavities and powder
Laser texturing—aircraft interiors
Our fully digital, highly precise and ecologically sound 3D Laser texturing solution enables the creation of a variety of innovative molded plastic cabin interior components with no limits.
- Limitless texture design possibilities, even on big molds
- Fully digital and repeatable process
- A unique opportunity for designers to enhance passengers' emotional experience!
When producing avionic applications, weight reduction and the stiffness of the parts are key factors. With its partner 3D Systems, GF Machining Solutions has developed Direct Metal Printing solutions which enable the production of consistent quality parts at an optimized cost per part.
- Higher stiffness-to-weight ratio for a TiGr23 satellite bracket
- Weight reduction by 25%
- Production time reduced by 50%
- Part topologically optimized
GF Machining Solutions' Liechti machines provide aerospace manufacturers with dedicated solutions for blisk and blade manufacturing. With the Mikron MILL series, we make accuracy, quality, and autonomy easily accessible to aerospace manufacturers thanks to our onboard machining strategies and easy-to-use human machine interfaces (HMIs).
A factor distinguishing GF Machining Solutions in aerospace is our commitment to collaborating with aerospace leaders and research institutes worldwide. Our latest-generation EDM technologies boost machining speed while leaving no visible recast layer.
3D Laser Texturing
Limitless texture design possibilities
GF Machining Solutions' fully digitized Laser solutions accurately texture, engrave, microstructure, mark and label 2D and complex 3D geometries. They enable the creation of a variety of innovative molded plastic cabin interior components with no limits.
Build higher quality large parts
A result of the collaboration between GF Machining Solutions and 3D Systems, the new DMP Factory 500 offers clever engineering solutions and helps the manufacturers of aerospace components build consistent and higher quality parts, even of large size.
Tooling and Automation
With our own System 3R Automation and Tooling solutions, we provide our aero partners with increased process control, greater efficiency and faster time to market. GF Machining Solutions is the go-to partner for your Tooling and Automation needs.