We seek a customer-focused Applications Engineer who enjoys providing impeccable support and training to GFMS customers, dealers, and staff on the use and application of GFMS EDM technology. The ideal candidate will have experience partnering with sales to deliver machine demonstrations and training to customers in various industries, as well as to dealers and sales staff.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review Applications aspects and feasibility of RFQ’s and turnkey systems.
- Provide technical applications phone support to customers; identify problems and decide the best and most efficient course of action for any requested involvement.
- Perform test cuts to analyze the ability of the machines performance; identify ways to reduce test cut deficiencies.
- Coordinate presale demonstrations and support trade shows and open houses, including procurement of equipment, set-up, demonstration and discussion with potential customers.
- Maintain a professional appearance of the demonstration centers including all fixtures, machines and equipment; make recommendations for necessary demo center machines, tools, and equipment.
- Serve as a vital communication link between the customer and the company; ensuring that the customer receives the most effective and efficient service possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years’ related experience.
- Proficient in CAD/CAM Programming Solutions; such as, PEPS/Opticam, ESPRIT, Solid Works, or Mastercam.
- Strong communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- A strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Location: Chicagoland Area
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Posting Date: 6/19/19