The Application Engineer for Microlution will provide quality and effective applications support and training for the customers, dealers and sales personnel by performing the following duties.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and conduct dealer, customer, and staff training programs on the safe and effective operation of the machines and equipment.
- Perform test cuts to analyze the ability of the machines performance; identify ways to reduce test cut deficiencies.
- Conduct time studies, test cuts and machine demonstrations.
- Coordinate presale demonstrations and support trade shows and open houses, including procurement of equipment, set-up, demonstration and discussion with potential customers.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Sales personnel and respond timely to any requests for Applications support.
- Review Applications aspects and feasibility of RFQ’s and turnkey systems.
- Provide technical applications phone support to customers; identify problems and decide the best and most efficient course of action for any requested involvement.
- Maintain a professional appearance of the demonstration centers including all fixtures, machines and equipment; make recommendations for necessary demo center machines, tools, and equipment.
- Develop and distribute technical applications documentation to the dealers, customers and staff.
- Participate in meetings, seminars and training sessions to stay apprised of new developments in the field.
- Complete additional responsibilities as requested by the Application Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; and three to five years’ experience in relevant machining operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in CAD/CAM Programming Solutions; such as, Unigraphics, ProE, Solid Works, CAGLIA, Mastercam, Hypermill Edge CAM or Delcam Power Mill.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office systems, including Project, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to be proactive and take responsibility for projects and assignments.
- Flexibility with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
GF Machining Solutions LLC - Microlution
6635 W. Irving Park Road
Chicago, Illinois 60634
Attn: Jackie Chakos, HR Manager
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job posting date: October 9, 2019