The Project Engineer works with the Sales Team, Product Engineers and Production Engineers and other disciplines within Microlution to execute cross-functional project meetings, both internal and customer-facing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain project documentation including Gantt charts
- Insure consistent processes and best practices across all projects
- Provide internal and customer-facing project support
- Support customer meetings and visits
- Provide local support for Central Marketing
- Adhere to safety and environment rules
- Collaborate in Sales activities within the GF Group
- Collaborate with application engineering, design engineering and production departments
- Assist with budget preparation and review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years experience within a machine tool builder and/or similar position
- Excellent project management skills
- Microsoft Project or similar
- Working knowledge of machine project flow from order through customer acceptance
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office systems, including Project, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience with CAD systems (Solidworks as preference)
- Proficient with collaboration tools such as Google-Suite
- Experience using an ERP system (SAP as preference)
- Ability to be proactive and take responsibility for projects and assignments.
- Flexibility with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Managing Cross-functional Teams
- Manage Cross-functional Training
Location: Chicago, Illinois
GF Machining Solutions LLC - Microlution
6635 W. Irving Park Road
Chicago, Illinois 60634
Attn: Jackie Chakos, HR Manager
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job posting date: September 10, 2019