POSITION: Applications Engineer – Milling
LOCATION: Monterrey, Mexico
- Provide top-quality, effective applications support and training for dealers, customers, and sales personnel.
- Develop and conduct dealer, customer, and staff training programs on the safe and effective operation of the machines and equipment.
- Develop and distribute technical applications documentation to the dealers, customers, and staff.
- Provide timely technical applications support to customers and sales personnel; identify problems, decide the best course of action for any requested involvement, and advise accordingly.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Sales personnel and respond timely to any requests for Applications support.
- Review Applications aspects and feasibility of RFQ’s and turnkey systems.
- Conduct time studies, test cuts, and machine demonstrations.
∙ Perform test cuts to analyze the ability of the machines performance; identify ways to reduce test cut deficiencies.
∙ Coordinate presale demonstrations and support trade shows and open houses, including procurement of equipment, set-up, demonstration and discussion with potential customers.
∙ Maintain a professional appearance of the demonstration centers including all fixtures, machines and equipment; make recommendations for necessary demo center machines, tools, and equipment.
- Serve as a vital communication link between the customer and the company; ensuring that the customer receives the most effective and efficient service possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; and three to five years’ experience in High Speed Milling and Tool Making/Precision manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with dealers, customers, and internal staff. Ability to speak, read and write fluently in both Spanish and English.
- Proficient in CAM Programming Solutions; such as, Unigraphics, ProE, Solid Works, Mastercam, Hypermill Edge CAM or Delcam Power Mill. Knowledge of Great Plains or similar software program helpful.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Systems, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work irregular hours and spend up to 50% of the time traveling to customer and company locations domestically or internationally.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Posting Date: June 17, 2019