We seek a proactive Business Development Manager (BDM) - Medical who is eager to introduce GFMS' industry-leading machines, tools, and services to medical device and orthopedic implant manufacturers. The ideal candidate will be passionate about prospecting new customers and re-engaging existing customer relationships, and possess confidence and curiosity about medical device applications. Additionally, the BDM will be part of building a new expertise and model for developing our future business that requires the ability to be flexible and think creatively.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Represent GF Machining Solutions as the recognized Americas' expert in the medical market segment both internally and externally, understanding the politics, market dynamics, competitive dynamics and key partners.
- Drive expansion and growth of GF Machining Solutions products and services across the medical market. Identify and develop current and future medical programs and projects.
- Influence and optimize the future medical dedicated machine portfolio by creating opportunity reports for high-interest medical applications.
- Ensure that technical resources are applied on the most attractive applications in medical and that already developed solutions are spread as broadly as possible.
- Collaborate with the sales team to leverage sales potential for new and future application solutions across all regions and customer groups.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or related discipline and three to five years of related experience.
- In depth knowledge of machining solutions and their application to medical devices.
- Exceptional prospecting, relationship building, and key account management skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong communication, presentation and leadership skills to effectively present ideas and solutions.
Location: Lincolnshire, IL; Milwaukee, WI; Minneapolis, MN; or Fort Wayne, IN
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job posting date: June 17, 2019