- Workpiece weight (recommended): <10‘000 kg
- Centre distance (recommended): 400 - 1000 mm
- Clamping force: 50 kN
- Holding force: 100 kN
- Presence control: yes
- Lift-off function: yes, 2 mm
- Max. lift-off weight per chuck: pressure-dependent (see diagram)
- Releasing: hydraulic 40-60 bar
- Clamping: hydraulic 30 bar and locked mechanically
- Material: steel, hardened
- Repetition: accuracy ± 0.005 mm
- Compressed air: 6 bar
- Recommendation: at least 4 chucks per application
Closing: 30 bar
Recommendation 40-50 bar
The opening pressure can also be 30 bar as for closing.
Clamping non-symmetrical workpieces
In the case of non-symmetrical workpieces, it is frequently the case that they cannot be lifted horizontal. They are suspended at an angle on the frame. When clamping on conventional chucks, this inclined position poses major problems.
This is not the case on Delphin BIG. As shown by the illustration, the workpiece can still be clamped with no major problems even with major inclination.
The Z-supports of Delphin BIG clamping bushings and rings are protected by an all-round ring: the Z-supports remain protected if the workpiece is placed on the floor.
If the workpiece moves into the chucks, the edge of the bushing strikes the cone of the chuck. These minor impacts may leave notches on the clamping bushing. There is a recess at the end of the cone (chuck) in order to prevent inaccuracies of the system, consequently ensuring constant accuracy.
Max. lift-off weight per chuck
C297000, Chuck Delphin BIG built-in
C297310, Chuck Delphin BIG with flange, without mounting bores
C297320, Chuck Delphin BIG with flange, with mounting bores