Large "64 cavity" mold tool
Complex multi-cavity mold tools require both extreme tolerances and exceptional surface qualities if they are to perform to requirements. Our EDM systems can help customers improve quality and reduce scrap with eTracking, a state-of-the-art hardware and software that provides:
- Real time monitoring of up to 50 critical to quality parameters every second
- A storable device manufacturing history file
- Verification of correct loading of wire and system settings
Textured mold cavity
Whether for device functions such as channeling fluids in a diagnostic device or for product differentiation using logos or other features, the texturing of mold tools can present many challenges. GF Machining Solutions provides industry-leading Laser texturing and machining technology for:
- Seamless continuity to textures across large surfaces
- Micro-machining of channels and forms—depth controlled to 0.5 µm
- 2D patterns to be transferred to complex 3D forms
Pipette tip mold tools
Mold tools often require very high-quality surface finishes, with surface roughness that is highly repeatable from cavity to cavity. Manufacturing mold tools to these requirements typically involves both machining and many hours of hand polishing. Finding skilled technicians to make these tools has become a challenge.
As the leader in EDM technology, GF Machining Solutions offers a solution to produce these high-quality molds fully automatically. In our latest webinar, we examine this technology through the example of pipette mold tool.