At GF Machining Solutions, we share a passion for precision and performance. We want to set the standard for intelligent machining solutions, while becoming a sustainability and innovation leader providing superior customer value.
Products and services
By 2025 all our new products will have customer environmental benefits over the entire lifecycle.
Climate and resources
By 2025 we will divide by two our greenhouse gas emissions from our sites and electricity purchases.
People and well-being
By 2025 we will reduce overall accident rate by 30% compared to the pre-COVID base period (2018-2020).
GF Sustainability Framework 2025
GF Machining Solutions addresses the most pressing sustainability topics in the Sustainability Framework 2025 in a joint effort with all divisions of the GF Corporation.
- Our main effort was switching from grey to green electricity in our Losone, Biel and Langnau sites as well as improving the isolation of our facilities.
- Our Biel facility achieved 98.9% carbon reduction by 2022 compared to a 2020 baseline, the remaining 1.1% were compensated with local Swiss nature-based carbon removals.
- "Be Aware – Be Safe " is the key message of the continuation of the "Zero Risk" safety campaign launched in 2018.
- This campaign aims to raise awareness of potential risks and their consequences and proposes a sense of personal responsibility among employees with the goal of reducing the number of accidents in the workplace.
Video: Gus and the bad wire
- This new feature reduces the energy consumption of a machine when in standby mode while keeping the highest standards of precision.
- Due to Econowatt and similar technologies, our standard machine energy consumption is reduced by 43% when compared to the previous generation.
- We provided the online training "Personal branding for women". 80 participants attended this training which was given by an external trainer.
- We continued our efforts and launched new projects covering the following topics :
– Women in leadership
– Unconscious bias training
– Networking events
– Employer attractiveness campaign targeting women
- In 2021 we achieved ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 re-certification of our most important sites.